Under general direction, the junior process engineer supports the optimization of operational safety, quality, throughput, and cost. They support optimizing processes and leading projects in collaboration with business, sales, leadership, production, engineering, and maintenance colleagues. This position is the subject matter expert in materials, equipment, and process interactions that manufacture our products. They demonstrate expertise in customer applications and our capability to produce products for these applications. They support new initiatives, demonstrate project management skillsets, build relationships with suppliers and customers. This position also has the ability to report out to management, and deliver exceptional value to the business.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develops and designs new processes or improves existing processes.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to continuously improve our products and processes.
- Manages small projects from start to finish providing clear progress status and maintaining realistic schedule expectations.
- Assists in more complex projects and initiatives with senior engineers.
- Supports Root Cause investigations and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (PFMEA) to prevent non-conforming products or out of control processes.
- Creates and documents experiments in structured written test reports.
- Conducts and documents Installation Qualification (IQ), Operations Qualification (OQ), and Process Qualification (PQ) of process machinery and equipment.
- Creates and documents Standard Operating Conditions (SOC), which sets up best practices, to train operators and peers on processes to enable operation standard work adherence.
- Creates standard work documentation to train operators and peers on processes.
- Provides troubleshooting support as necessary.
- Keeps up to date with relevant emerging technologies and equipment solutions in order to proactively introduce improvement ideas.
- Leads the implementation of simple process controls and process discipline systems into development line operations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Education & Skillsets:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of applying Statistical Process Control (SPC) quality control systems; experienced using Minitab or similar.
- Knowledge of to apply the scientific method using PDCA, A3 problem solving, DMAIC, or similar frameworks.
- Knowledge of to analyze data using Excel and statistical software tools.
- Ability to draw from a variety of disciplines, industries, and technologies to deliver an end-to-end capital justified innovative solutions.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 manufacturing process environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred Education & Skillsets:
- Experienced in polymer extrusion, web handling, slitting, and winding of rolled films.
- 1 year of experience in a process engineering role in a multiline manufacturing environment is required.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.