Lead Maintenance Technician – Packaging Equipment- Healthcare
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
quick summary of the role
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Lead Maintenance Technician in our Dallas, Texas location in the Healthcare & Wellness Division. Serving as the Lead Mechanic, you will provide essential guidance on repairs, delegate daily tasks, complete “end-of-shift” handoffs, and serve as the primary point of contact for Managers and Supervisors. This position is responsible for maintaining production uptime during the shift, by troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining packaging equipment.
- The Lead Maintenance Technician will lead other mechanics performing preventative maintenance on all machinery on the production and manufacturing areas to ensure equipment operate efficiently.
- Repairs, maintains, and performs changeovers on all production packaging equipment according to OEM Manuals and applicable work instructions as required, to assure equipment safety, reliability, efficiency, and product quality.
- Will supports machine operators as needed during production runs, by troubleshooting packaging equipment problems as required.
- Exploits planned machine downtime during their shift to perform preventative maintenance, calibration, and facilities work as needed.
- Seeks out and completes all training required to support the development and progression of an effective Technical team; recommends opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintains departmental organization and cleanliness of Tech shop and Technical department areas of the Cleanroom.
- Flexibility to cover and/or interchange between day and night shift as needed by the company (including but not limited to: cover for leaves of absence, vacation, position vacancy, etc.)
- Will set up production lines as instructed on daily production schedule or by the production supervisor; trains and guide production personnel in safe and proper set up and operation of line equipment as needed.
- Inspects mechanical equipment in operation to ensure production standard rates. Repair equipment breakdowns using diagnostic tools, troubleshooting techniques, and hand or power tools.
- Performs electrical and fluid power work on equipment; examines quality of parts to detect imperfections and adjust functional parts of devices and control equipment.
- Reads and interprets documents such as SOP / GMP, Safety Rules, Operating and Maintenance Instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Informs production supervisor of any unusual situations (i.e., bad components, equipment performance, etc.) or changes made to equipment throughout the day.
- Assist in assessing and maintaining a safe work environment in the production areas; performs routine self-audits and reporting results to appropriate supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required; 4 years of mechanical experience
- Exceptional ability to quickly analyze, assess, and correct process problems on packaging equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical components and systems, and the ability to conduct maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical circuits and controls, and ability to perform basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a dynamic & diverse production environment.
- Ability to operate industrial lifting and material handling equipment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and overtime as needed.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with hand and power tools.
- Possesses good team skills and demonstrates an energetic and customer focused attitude while carrying out daily duties with minimal supervision.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Physically capable of performing tasks associated with the responsibilities, such as but not limited to:
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; work on an elevated platform or surface; and talk, see and hear.
- Use hands to finger, handle/feel objects, tools/controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must frequently push or pull material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and or material carts carrying loads in excess of 1000lbs.
- Working knowledge of cGMP, ISO, and FDA regulations a plus.
- Previous forklift and/ or motorized aerial work platform training.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish), preferred
- Experience with fillers (tube, pouch, liquid, and powder), labeling equipment, Texwrap Bundling.