Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers' most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers' products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Sr. Project Engineer located in our key Minneapolis, MN production facility. This location is part of our Industrials North America Business Unit.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and SWM Guiding Principles, policies and procedures.
- Identify major equipment needs, make recommendations and prepare suitable appropriation requests, including financial justifications when applicable.
- Obtain quotes, estimates or bids for purchased equipment, fabricated and purchased components, technical services, construction, installation and other purchased products or services needed in the execution of an assigned project through a RFQ process.
- Provide full cycle project management within time and budget guidelines including communication of project status, costs, deadlines, specifications, procurement, installation, troubleshooting, commissioning, training and documentation.
- Generate designs and drawings in AutoCAD and/or Solidworks for the layout, components, tooling mechanical, facility layout, electrical, fluid power, piping and additional disciplines required on the project.
- Serve as engineering support and a technical resource to the location teams to ensure smooth, efficient machine operation.
- Recommend modification or replacement of equipment to ensure greater continuity of operation for maximum economy of operations with lower unit cost of maintenance activity.
- Stay informed concerning new research and design methodology and investigate potential applications.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to improve safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Travel up to 20-30% both domestic and international
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering field, preferably mechanical engineering plus 10+ years of engineering and project management experience in a manufacturing environment or a combination of education and experience
- Data analysis such as Six-Sigma
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively in a matrix environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to be hands on
- Effective task prioritization and time management skills
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Solidworks experience
- Experience with PLC’s (programmable logic controls)
- Project management experience with the ability to drive projects from design to implementation and troubleshooting
- Vendor negotiation skills
- Machine and tooling design experience
- Experience in a resin web converting operation.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation (including sign on bonus) with regular salary reviews and annual bonus plan
- Outstanding Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Benefits
- Benefits eligibility on first day of employment
- 401K Retirment Plan, immediate vesting and company match up to 6%
- 100% company paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Competitive PTO & Paid Holidays Plan