Location: Munising, MI, United States
Position Title: ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN
location: munising, mi
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries through our family of business-to-business and consumer product brands. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging and more. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
The Munising, MI facility is currently seeking skilled E & I Technicians to be part of a Maintenance Team that supports paper machines, offline coating/saturating lines, and general mill needs. The position coordinates closely with the Paper Department and Specialties Department teams as customers of the Maintenance Department. The E & I Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager. This is an hourly paid position that initially works a rotating shift schedule but progresses into a day shift schedule through seniority. The ideal candidate has the attitude, initiative, and excellent skills to support Mativ’s collaborative, high-achievement culture.
Munising is located on the southern shore of Lake Superior and is surrounded by protective hillsides and picturesque Munising Bay. Munising is the gateway to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Hiawatha National Forest, Grand Island Recreation Area, numerous waterfalls, and a host of other natural wonders, all in close proximity. You will be able to discover year-round recreational opportunities such as biking, hiking, boating, ice fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
Mativ offers an attractive benefit package to all full-time employees which includes incentive pay, 401(k), pension, on-site fitness center, medical, dental, vision and group life.
Technicians will accept personal responsibility at all times for themselves and assist where they can with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to work seven (7) days per week when required
• Ability to work sixteen (16) hours per day when required
• Ability to work shifts
• Ability to respond to call-ins at any time of day or night
• Ability to maintain acceptable attendance
• Ability to wear required personal protective equipment
• Ability to bend, kneel, squat and stoop
• Ability to read and understand instructions, procedures, and equipment training manuals
• Ability to accurately read and record data
• Ability to climb stairs and work from steps, ladders, scaffolds, mobile lifts and elevator platforms
• Ability to operate/use manual and powered material handling equipment such as a pickup truck, hand dolly, chain fall, chain hoist, electric hoist, tractor, truck and heavy equipment as needed
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures when necessary
• Ability to work in enclosed spaces when necessary
• Ability to work on and around moving equipment
• Ability to lift/move weights of up to fifty (50) pounds
• Ability to go out of town over night for training
• Ability to learn and utilize PC based systems