We currently have exciting opportunities available on our Day shift (6AM-6PM, Rotating) for Coating Machine Operators in our Protective Solutions business.
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible
Why You Should Apply:
Not only will you have a job you can be proud of and develop at, you will also take part in manufacturing products that will impact millions of people around the globe.
Not sold yet? Mativ offers great perks and benefits to make the opportunity even sweeter:
- Competitive pay so you can enjoy life outside of work (hourly rate up to $25/hr)
- A variety of Health benefit packages to fit your needs (without breaking the bank), Dental insurance, and Vision insurance (free to you)
- Generous 401(k) match
- 8 paid holidays plus 2 paid floating holidays
- Paid Time Off (and lots of it!)
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development opportunities
- Variety of bonus opportunities, including quarterly bonuses!
- … and so much more that we’d love to tell you about after you apply!
What You’ll Do:
The Coating Machine Operator is responsible for the efficient operation of the coating machine and the quality of the products produced.
- Check quality and quantity of all raw materials being processed against work orders to assure the proper material is being run.
- Set up and operate the coating machine according to O.C.S. Sheet and in cooperation with the Senior Coater Operator.
- Mix chemicals use per ISO instructions.
- Check all running conditions per set up sheet and report any discrepancy.
- Fill out necessary paperwork for the job run and check for accuracy of materials used, coatings, base stock, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance or repairs to the coating machines.
- Maintain white room/clean room conditions at all times within the Coating Production area by way of machine cleaning and general housekeeping, i.e. floor mopping, sweeping, tacky mats, etc.
- Stage raw stock or process material to their proper locations within the Coating Production area.
- Check various inventories needed in daily operations and advise the supervisor if low and needed, i.e. gloves, blades, shop towels, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures and be responsible for the safety of everyone working on the equipment or mixing room in the Coating Production area, including himself/herself.
- Report all problems associated with the operation, equipment and materials being processed to the Shift Supervisor or the Senior Coater Operator.
- Perform any and all duties as directed by the Shift Supervisor or the Senior Coater Operator.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
Education/Certifications/Experience We Prefer:
- Forklift certification preferred
- Slitter, Sheeter, Press Assistant/Operator or Roll Tender experience
Skills We Require:
- Ability to read and comprehend basic documents
- Ability to write and interpret shift correspondences
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide to calculate measurements.
- Ability to compute rates, ratio, percent and interpret bar graphs and other charts and apply to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to interpret and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office machines.
- Ability to multi-task and work with interruptions.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of quality principles and capable of relating principles to internal quality programs.
- Analytical skills
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Decision -making abilities.
- Interpersonal skills
- Mechanical aptitude and skills
- Organizational skills
- Prioritization skills
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivation skills, disciplined, goal-oriented
- Time management skills
- Works well in a team setting
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected].